The future feels uncertain and families around the world are concerned about how this stress will affect their children. In a special webinar event for our Living Fully community, I spoke with Dr. Marshall Duke about how we can help our kids build resilience and continue to grow through hard times. I’m excited to share the webinar with you as a podcast today.
Dr. Duke is a Professor of Psychology at Emory University. He’s focused his work around the power of family stories and has been featured by Good Morning America, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and others.
You can find Dr. Duke’s 20 Questions resource at https://bit.ly/twentyqs
In our conversation, Dr. Duke and I discuss:
- Why challenges are necessary for growth
- How knowledge of family history builds resilience
- The different kinds of stories families tell
- Advice for families who are dealing with challenges
- The role that grandparents can play in family storytelling
- The importance of rituals and traditions
- When to tell these stories
We have some exciting new developments in the works, so check back for new episodes soon!
To learn more about turning meaningful wealth into a meaningful life filled with passion and purpose, connect with me on social media at @jcchristianson or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org